Senator Greg Brower holds Bill Raggio's seat and represents much of the UNR and TMCC community in the legislature:
NSHE is educational reform. The Governor and Chamber of Commerce, advocates for reform and economic development, should recognize the reforms that have been made and the economic importance of higher education for the state, and support crucial state investment in higher ed now.
With the state higher education budget scheduled to close tomorrow, students and faculty around the state are raising their voices in support of a balanced approach to investing in Nevada's future.
- Elliot Parker, Chair of Economics at UNR, testimony in support of revenue reform bill (NFA)
- Testimony of John Farley to Senate Revenue Committee (Faculty Alliance blog)
- UNLV Prof: 'Best and brightest' needed to train our children for a better future (Las Vegas Sun)
- Zappos CFO testifies in favor of revenue reform package (Las Vegas Review Journal)
- Governor vetoes compromise school budget bill (Las Vegas Sun)
- Students set up 'Sandoville' at state capital to advocate for investment in quality education (Reno Gazette Journal)
- Sandoville campers reflect on first day (Wake Up Nevada)